Senior Living in 21539 (Lonaconing, MD)
- 21539 scores the same as the Lonaconing, MD average of 74.
- 21539 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21539 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Meyersdale Medical Center).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Goodwill Mennonite Home Grantsville MD, Frostburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Egle Nursing Home.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Maplehurst Country Club, Fore Sisters Golf Club, and Piney Run Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including New Germany State Park, Casselman River Bridge State Park, and Dans Mountain State Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Bethel Pentecostal Holiness, First United Methodist Church, and St Mary Catholic Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $49,392, which is in the top 72% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $37,893, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,463, which is in the top 73% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,060 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.61%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 21539 has a very sparse population density of 81.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.80%.