Senior Living in 21543 (Midlothian, MD)
- 21543 scores the same as the Midlothian, MD average of 85.
- 21543 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21543 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Frostburg Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Assisted Living at Frostburg , and Egle Nursing Home.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Maplehurst Country Club, Fore Sisters Golf Club, and Cumberland Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Dans Mountain State Park, Dans Mountain Wildlife Management Area, and New Germany State Park.
- There are 18 churches nearby, including Trinity Assembly of God, Allegany United Methodist Chr, and Frostburg United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.01% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $54,442, which is in the top 59% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,375, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,090, which is in the top 28% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,060 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 21543 has a sparse population density of 102.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.83%.