Senior Living in 21711 (Big Pool, MD)
- 21711 scores the same as the Big Pool, MD average of 76.
- 21711 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21711 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Filcare Home, War Memorial Hospital, and Williamsport Retirement Village.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Whitetail Golf Resort, Woods Resort, The (Mountain View Course at Woods Resort, The), and Cacapon Resort State Park.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Indian Springs Wildlife Demonstration Area, Fort Frederick State Park, and Longview Campground.
- There are 20 churches nearby, including Potomac Charge United Mthdst, St Peters Lutheran Church, and St Johns United Church-Christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,888, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,000, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,853, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.16%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 21711 has a very sparse population density of 43.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 84.91%.