Senior Living in 21719 (Cascade, MD)
- 21719 scores the same as the Cascade, MD average of 75.
- 21719 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21719 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Waynesboro Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Hillside Rest Home, Maplegrove Estate, and Hearthstone Retirement Home.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 25 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Waynesboro Municipal Golf Course, Waynesboro Country Club, and Mountain View Golf Resort.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Catoctin Mountain Park and Cunningham Falls State Park).
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Trinity Lutheran Church, Welty Church of Brethren, and Fulghum Peter C.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $62,970, which is in the top 40% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,250, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,787, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.44%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 21719 has a sparse population density of 460.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.88%.