Senior Living in 21722 (Clear Spring, MD)
- 21722 scores the same as the Clear Spring, MD average of 83.
- 21722 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21722 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Washington Cnty Health System).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Filcare Home, Homewood Retirement Center, and Williamsport Retirement Village.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 78 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 29 golf courses nearby, including Whitetail Golf Resort, Beaver Creek Country Club, and Black Rock Golf Course.
- There are 8 parks nearby, including Indian Springs Wildlife Demonstration Area, Fort Frederick State Park, and Chesapeake & Ohio Canal National Historical Park.
- There are 58 churches nearby, including Apostolic Church of Maryland, St Johns United Church-Christ, and St Peters Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,279, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,712, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,455, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.52%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 21722 has a very sparse population density of 93.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.58%.