Senior Living in 21723 (Cooksville, MD)
- 21723 scores the same as the Cooksville, MD average of 83.
- 21723 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21723 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Springfield Hospital Center).
- There are 73 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow Assisted Living, Family Care, and Transitions Healthcare at Sykesville.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 82 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Cattail Creek Country Club, Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center -East, and Waverly Woods.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Piney Run Park and Patuxent River State Park).
- There are 65 churches nearby, including St James United Methodist Chr, St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church, and Hottinger G Robert.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $150,575, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $99,883, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,238, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.62%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 21723 has a sparse population density of 263.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.27%.