Senior Living in 21750 (Hancock, MD)
- 21750 scores the same as the Hancock, MD average of 71.
- 21750 scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21750 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Morgan Cty War Memorial and Morgan County War Mem Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (War Memorial Hospital and Berkeley Springs Center)
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Cacapon Resort State Park, Woods Resort, The (Mountain View Course at Woods Resort, The), and Whitetail Golf Resort.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Berkeley Springs State Park, Sideling Hill Wildlife Management Area, and Indian Springs Wildlife Demonstration Area.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including St Peter\'s Catholic Church, St Thomas Episcopal Church, and Hancock United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.71% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,885, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $44,659, which is in the top 57% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,808, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,550 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $116,618 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,955 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,900 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.47%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 21750 has a very sparse population density of 62.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.37%.