Senior Living in 21777 (Point Of Rocks, MD)
- 21777 scores the same as the Point Of Rocks, MD average of 83.
- 21777 scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- 21777 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Inova Loudoun Hospital and Piedmont Behavioral Hlth Ctr).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Woodland Assisted Living, Woodland Retirement Home, and Lovettsville Home Assisted Living.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Raspberry Falls Golf & Hunt Club, Lansdowne Resort, and River Creek Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Heaters Island Wildlife Management Area and Temple Hall Farm Regional Park).
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Adamstown Community Church, First United Methodist Church, and St Francis of Assisi Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.26% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.88% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Maryland has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.15%.
- The area has an average household income of $112,609, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $112,212, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $44,508, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.34%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 21777 has an average population density of 699.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.32%.