Senior Living in 22032 (Fairfax, VA)
- 22032 has a SeniorScore® of 86, which is the highest of any zip code in Fairfax, VA.
- 22032 scores higher than the Fairfax, VA average of 82.
- 22032 scores significantly higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 22032 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of George Mason, Commonwealth Health and Rehab Center, and Braddock Glen.
- There are 41 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 264 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Country Club of Fairfax, Blue/Red Course at Army Navy Country Club - Fairfax, and Springfield Golf & Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Kings Park West, Eakin Community Park, and Lake Accotink Park.
- There are 128 churches nearby, including Ox Hill Baptist Church, St Marys of Sorrows Catholic, and Greater Little Zion Baptist.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $141,372, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $125,258, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,298, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.51%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 22032 has a dense population density of 3,969.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.39%.