Senior Living in 22079 (Lorton, VA)
- 22079 scores the same as the Lorton, VA average of 81.
- 22079 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 22079 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Dewitt Army Community Hospital and Potomac Hospital).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in the area, including The Fairfax, Safe Haven Adult Day and Medical Services, and Westminster at Lake Ridge.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 67 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (16% of the total population).
- There are 48 golf courses nearby, including Pohick Bay Golf Course, Ospreys Golf Club at Belmont Bay, The, and Mount Vernon Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Pohick Bay Regional Park, Mason Neck State Park, and Occoquan Bay National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 41 churches nearby, including Church On the Move, Pohick Episcopal Church, and Cranford United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,183, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $89,654, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,805, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 22079 has an average population density of 1,096.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.11%.