Senior Living in 22308 (Alexandria, VA)
- 22308 has a SeniorScore® of 92, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Alexandria, VA.
- 22308 scores significantly higher than the Alexandria, VA average of 83.
- 22308 scores significantly higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 22308 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Inova Mount Vernon Hospital, Fort Washington Hospital, and Dewitt Army Community Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including ManorCare Health Services-Alexandria, Mount Vernon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Sunrise at Mount Vernon.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 134 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 54 golf courses nearby, including Belle Haven Country Club, Mount Vernon Country Club, and Henson Creek Golf Course.
- There are 10 parks nearby, including Fort Hunt Park, Fort Washington Park, and The Accokeek Foundation\'s National Colonial Farm.
- There are 125 churches nearby, including Plymouth Haven Baptist Church, St Luke\'s Episcopal Church, and St Aidan\'s Episcopal Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.60% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $177,535, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $153,292, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $62,987, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.82%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 22308 has a dense population density of 2,834.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 98.33%.