Senior Living in 22728 (Midland, VA)
- 22728 scores the same as the Midland, VA average of 84.
- 22728 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 22728 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (The Fauquier Hospital, Inc).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Blue Ridge Christian Home For Adults, Amerisist of Warrenton, and Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 37 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Kastle Greens Golf Club, Fauquier Springs Country Club, and South Wales Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including C M Crockett Park, Weston Wildlife Management Area, and Whitney State Forest.
- There are 25 churches nearby, including Midland Church of the Brethren, Oak Shade Baptist Church, and Trinity United Methodist Ch.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.76% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.70% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,854, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,417, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,364, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.93%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 22728 has a very sparse population density of 73.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.48%.