Senior Living in 22904 (Charlottesville, VA)
- 22904 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Charlottesville, VA.
- 22904 scores lower than the Charlottesville, VA average of 75.
- 22904 scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- 22904 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Martha Jefferson Hospital, University Of Virginia Medical Center, and University Of Virginia Med Ctr.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including The Heritage Inn at Charlottesville, Park View At South Pantops- F Affordable Senior Apartments Ages, and Riverdale.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 72 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (0% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including North/East Course at Farmington Country Club, McIntire Park Golf Course, and Meadowcreek Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including The Lawn, Darden Towe Park, and McIntire Park.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including Belmont Baptist Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.69% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,686, which is in the top 49% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $61,806, which is in the top 23% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $2,631, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,100 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,315 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.12%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 22904 has a dense population density of 7,216.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.