Senior Living in 22911 (Charlottesville, VA)
- 22911 has a SeniorScore® of 79, which is the highest of any zip code in Charlottesville, VA.
- 22911 scores higher than the Charlottesville, VA average of 75.
- 22911 scores higher than the Virginia average of 78.
- 22911 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Martha Jefferson Hospital, University Of Virginia Medical Center, and University Of Virginia Med Ctr.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Rosewood Village at Hollymead Town Center, Our Lady of Peace, and Branchlands.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including North/East Course at Farmington Country Club, McIntire Park Golf Course, and Meadowcreek Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Darden Towe Park, McIntire Park, and Preddy Creek Trail Park.
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Maple Grove Christian Church, Broadus Memorial Baptist Chr, and Peace Lutheran Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.63% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.63% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $97,820, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,330, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,854, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $56,100 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $84,315 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.96%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 22911 has a sparse population density of 312.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.46%.