Senior Living in 24529 (Buffalo Junction, VA)
- 24529 scores the same as the Buffalo Junction, VA average of 71.
- 24529 scores lower than the Virginia average of 78.
- 24529 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Sentara MeadowView Terrace and Boston Commons)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 8 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Kinderton Country Club, Mecklenburg Country Club, and Thorndale Country Club.
- There are 7 parks nearby, including Prestwould Plantation, Staunton View Park, and Staunton River State Park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Aarons Creek Baptist Church, Salmons William M, and Thyne Memorial Headstart Center.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.45% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.90%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Virginia has a high average state income tax rate of 4.54%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,494, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $30,571, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,809, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $28,800 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $77,745 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.71%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 24529 has a very sparse population density of 46.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.49%.