Senior Living in 25213 (Winfield, WV)
- 25213 scores the same as the Winfield, WV average of 82.
- 25213 scores significantly higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 25213 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Camc Teays Valley Hospital).
- There are 10 senior living facilities in the area, including Teays Valley Center, Putnam Center, and Bellaire at Devonshire.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 41 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Meadowland Golf Course, Scarlet Oaks Country Club, and Sleepy Hollow Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sports City U Basketball Academy, Amherst/Plymouth Wildlife Management Area, and Hurricane City Park.
- There are 26 churches nearby, including Winfield Church of Christ, Carter William D, and Teays Valley Church of God.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.32% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $66,396, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $53,647, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,512, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,200 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $106,116 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $37,752 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.88%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 25213 has a sparse population density of 153.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.46%.