Senior Living in 25427 (Hedgesville, WV)
- 25427 scores the same as the Hedgesville, WV average of 75.
- 25427 scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 25427 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including City Hospital, Martinsburg Va Medical Center, and Morgan Cty War Memorial.
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Elmcroft, Elmcroft of Martinsburg, and Heartland of Martinsburg.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 68 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Woods Resort, The (Mountain View Course at Woods Resort, The), Cacapon Resort State Park, and Stonebridge Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sleepy Creek Wildlife Management Area, Poor House Farm Park, and Fort Frederick State Park.
- There are 49 churches nearby, including Central Chapel, Thomahawk Christian Church, and Johnsontown Bible Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.58% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,436, which is in the top 32% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,188, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,678, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 14.10%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 25427 has a sparse population density of 105.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.38%.