Senior Living in 25617 (Davin, WV)
- 25617 scores the same as the Davin, WV average of 76.
- 25617 scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 25617 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Trinity Health Care Services and Logan Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 9 golf courses nearby, including Triadelphia Country Club, Clear Fork Valley Country Club, and Twisted Gun Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Paradise Island of Christian, Natural Resources Department, and Twin Hollow Campground & Cabins.
- There are 12 churches nearby, including Mallory Church of God, Man Church of Nazarene, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.89% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,515, which is in the top 77% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,054, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,959, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 23.14%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 25617 has a very sparse population density of 58.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.88%.