Senior Living in 25666 (Breeden, WV)
- 25666 scores the same as the Breeden, WV average of 64.
- 25666 scores significantly lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 25666 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Martin County Health Care Facility).
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 19 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Rocky Mountain Golf Course, Logan Country Club, and Tug Valley Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cabwaylingo State Forest, Laurel Lake WMA, and East Lynn Lake Campgrounds.
- There is 1 church nearby (Truthway Christian Academy)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.98% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $24,569, which is in the top 100% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $19,191, which is in the top 99% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $7,678, which is in the top 100% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.13%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 14% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 25666 has a very sparse population density of 23.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.01%.