Senior Living in 26253 (Beverly, WV)
- 26253 scores the same as the Beverly, WV average of 76.
- 26253 scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 26253 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Davis Memorial Hospital and Davis Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including IVeagh Trust, Elkins Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Colonial Estates.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 5 golf courses nearby, including Elks Country Club, Buckhannon Country Club, and Ev-Un Breth Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Pegasus Farm Campground, Fox Forest Wildlife Management Area, and River Bend Park.
- There are 10 churches nearby, including Beverly United Methodist Chr, Highland Adventist School, and First Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.35% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,552, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $35,284, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,499, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.52%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 26253 has a very sparse population density of 50.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.66%.