Senior Living in 26257 (Coalton, WV)
- 26257 scores the same as the Coalton, WV average of 76.
- 26257 scores higher than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 26257 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Davis Memorial Hospital and Davis Memorial Hospital).
- There are 9 senior living facilities in the area, including Nella\'s Inc., Colonial Place, and IVeagh Trust.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 35 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 11 golf courses nearby, including Elks Country Club, Buckhannon Country Club, and Ev-Un Breth Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including River Bend Park, Fox Forest Wildlife Management Area, and Pegasus Farm Campground.
- There are 13 churches nearby, including Barbour Church of Christ, Aubury United Methodist Church, and Belington Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.35% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $40,319, which is in the top 90% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $27,708, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,069, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,550 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,595 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.70%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 26257 has a very sparse population density of 50.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.91%.