Senior Living in 26505 (Morgantown, WV)
- 26505 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 3rd highest of any zip code in Morgantown, WV.
- 26505 scores lower than the Morgantown, WV average of 74.
- 26505 scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 26505 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including West Virginia University Hospitals, Monongalia County General Hospital, and Healthsouth Mountainview Hosp.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Mapleshire , Sundale Rehabilitation/Long Term Care, and The Village at Heritage Point.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 46 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (14% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Paradise Lake Golf Course, Mountaineer Golf & Country Club, and Pines Country Club, The.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Hazel Ruby McQuain Park, Core Arboretum, and US Forestry Department.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Christ Church of Morgantown, Cadence Church of Nazarene, and First Church of Nazarene.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.48% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,575, which is in the top 81% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $23,722, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,376, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,736 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,040 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.84%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 26505 has a dense population density of 2,954.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.12%.