Senior Living in 26519 (Albright, WV)
- 26519 scores the same as the Albright, WV average of 68.
- 26519 scores lower than the West Virginia average of 74.
- 26519 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Preston Memorial Hospital).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Heartland of Preston County, Windy Hill Village, and Hopemont Hospital.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 23 golf courses nearby, including Preston Country Club, Alpine Lake Resort, and Alpine Lake Resort.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Sunshine Daydream Memorial Park, Big Bear Lake, and McCollum Camping Area.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Albright Baptist Church, Apostolic Life Tabernacle, and Kingwood Church of Christ.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.39% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- West Virginia has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.11%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,998, which is in the top 78% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,972, which is in the top 86% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,855, which is in the top 65% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,736 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,040 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.77%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 26519 has a very sparse population density of 28.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.14%.