Senior Living in 27539 (Apex, NC)
- 27539 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Apex, NC.
- 27539 scores higher than the Apex, NC average of 79.
- 27539 scores significantly higher than the North Carolina average of 72.
- 27539 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Wakemed, Cary Hospital and Central Prison Hospital).
- There are 27 senior living facilities in the area, including Community Alternatives of North Carolina, Cambridge Village of Apex, and Jordan Oaks.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 226 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Knight\'s Play Golf Center, MacGregor Downs Country Club, and Lochmere Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks nearby, including Hemlock Bluffs Nature Preserve, Crowder District Park, and Kids Together Playground.
- There are 62 churches nearby, including Apex Baptist Church, Faith Baptist Church, and New Horizons Fellowship.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.12% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.25%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- North Carolina has a very high average state income tax rate of 4.89%.
- The area has an average household income of $93,762, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,474, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $34,628, which is in the top 14% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $76,650 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,780 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.10%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- This area has very poor water quality.
- 27539 has an average population density of 592.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.67%.