Senior Living in 31001 (Abbeville, GA)
- 31001 scores the same as the Abbeville, GA average of 62.
- 31001 scores significantly lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- 31001 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Shady Pines Estate, River Willows Nursing Center, and Crossview Care Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Mallard Point Golf Club, Fitzgerald Country Club, and Pine Bluffs Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Dodge County Public Boat Ramp and Georiga Fisheries Department).
- There are 4 churches nearby, including Abbeville United Methodist Chr, Yawn F, and King of Kings Christian School.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.53% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Georgia has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.02%.
- The area has an average household income of $36,139, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,000, which is in the top 88% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $8,717, which is in the top 99% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,750 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,978 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,566 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.09%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 31001 has a very sparse population density of 27.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.03%.