Senior Living in 31757 (Thomasville, GA)
- 31757 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Thomasville, GA.
- 31757 scores lower than the Thomasville, GA average of 68.
- 31757 scores lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- 31757 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Thomasville Nursing & Rehab, Woodleaf Senior Living Community, and Southern Pines Senior Living In Thomasville.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Country Oaks Golf Course, Glen Arven Country Club, and Cairo Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including City of Roses RV Park, Paradise Park, and Lapham-Patterson House Historic Site.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Northwoods Church of God, Rock Church of Thomasville, and Calvary Chapel of Thomasville.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.86% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.68% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Georgia has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.02%.
- The area has an average household income of $52,475, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,685, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,265, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,750 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,978 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,566 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.09%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 31757 has a sparse population density of 122.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.72%.