Senior Living in 31801 (Box Springs, GA)
- 31801 scores the same as the Box Springs, GA average of 63.
- 31801 scores significantly lower than the Georgia average of 72.
- 31801 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Marion County Nursing Center Skilled Nursing).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Cedar Creek Golf & Country Club, Lakeside Course at Follow Me Golf Course, and East Course at Bull Creek Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Talbot County Recreation Department)..
- There are 2 churches nearby (Upatoi United Methodist Church and Church of Christ).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.24% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.60% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Georgia has a very high average state income tax rate of 5.02%.
- The area has an average household income of $38,085, which is in the top 93% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,758, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,609, which is in the top 90% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $30,750 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $66,978 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,000 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $40,566 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.02%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 3% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has very good water quality.
- 31801 has a very sparse population density of 34.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.58%.