Senior Living in 33825 (Avon Park, FL)
- 33825 scores the same as the Avon Park, FL average of 69.
- 33825 scores lower than the Florida average of 76.
- 33825 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in the area, including Oaks Village, Royal Care of Avon Park, and Oaks at Avon.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including North Course at Highlands Ridge, Pinecrest Golf Club, and Crystal Lake Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lake Bonnet Village, Adelaide Shores RV Resort, and Holiday Ranch RV Park.
- There are 4 churches nearby, including 7Th Day Adventist Church, First United Methodist Child, and Church On the Ridge.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.44% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.75%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Florida has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $43,816, which is in the top 84% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,335, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,957, which is in the top 86% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $32,400 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $93,309 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,300 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.39%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 33825 has a sparse population density of 197.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.76%.