Senior Living in 33827 (Babson Park, FL)
- 33827 scores the same as the Babson Park, FL average of 78.
- 33827 scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- 33827 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lake Wales Medical Center).
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Groves Center, Savannah Court of Lake Wales, and Water\'s Edge of Lake Wales.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Lily Lake Golf Resort, Eighteen Hole Course at Indian Lake Estates Golf & Country Club, and Lake Wales Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Lake Wales Ridge State Forest, Southern Pines Resort, and Rainbow Resort.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including River Ranch Chapel, First United Methodist Child, and Church On the Ridge.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.52% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.90% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.75%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Florida has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $60,139, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,508, which is in the top 47% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,865, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,995 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.98%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 33827 has a sparse population density of 100.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.44%.