Senior Living in 33920 (Alva, FL)
- 33920 scores the same as the Alva, FL average of 79.
- 33920 scores higher than the Florida average of 76.
- 33920 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Lehigh Regional Medical Center).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Alida\'s Loving Family Care, The Anthurium, and Lehigh Acres Health and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 81 golf courses nearby, including Admiral Lehigh Golf & Resort -Resort (North), Westminster Golf Club, and Eastwood Golf Course.
- There are 9 parks nearby, including Caloosahatchee Regional Park, W.P. Franklin Campground, and Harns Marsh.
- There are 14 churches nearby, including Alva United Methodist Church, Alva Church of God, and Richmond Avenue Baptist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.87% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.04% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.75%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Florida has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,687, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,972, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,644, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,970 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,413 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,240 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.02%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 33920 has a very sparse population density of 80.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.51%.