Senior Living in 35543 (Bear Creek, AL)
- 35543 scores the same as the Bear Creek, AL average of 73.
- 35543 scores higher than the Alabama average of 72.
- 35543 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Lakeland Community Hospital and Carraway Burdick West Med Ctr).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Haleyville Health Care Center, Rose Manor of Haleyville Inc, and Country Place Senior Living .
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 4 golf courses nearby, including Haleyville Country Club, Pikeville Country Club, and Twin Pines Country Club.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Twin Forks Park, Haleyville Parks & Recreation, and Haleyville Parks & Recreation.
- There are 6 churches nearby, including Hamilton Alliance Church, Antioch Baptist Church, and Gold Mine Church of Christ.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.49% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.27% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.25%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Alabama has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.95%.
- The area has an average household income of $35,590, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $24,939, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $12,311, which is in the top 97% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $27,810 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,003 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,980 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.48%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 5% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 35543 has a very sparse population density of 30.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 61.85%.