Senior Living in 35616 (Cherokee, AL)
- 35616 scores the same as the Cherokee, AL average of 66.
- 35616 scores lower than the Alabama average of 72.
- 35616 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Tishomingo Health Services Inc).
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Tishomingo Manor, Southern Magnolia Iuka, and Tishomingo Community Living Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a an average property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Iuka Country Club, Redmont Country Club, and Arrowhead Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Thomas State Wildlife Refuge and Colbert County Rose Trail Park).
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Barton First Baptist Church, Cherokee First Baptist Church, and Harris Chapel Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.77% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.37% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.25%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Alabama has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.95%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,010, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $33,467, which is in the top 85% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,864, which is in the top 77% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $40,332 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,175 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $31,590 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $36,608 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.58%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with very mild winters and warm summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 35616 has a very sparse population density of 19.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.53%.