Senior Living in 35959 (Cedar Bluff, AL)
- 35959 scores the same as the Cedar Bluff, AL average of 66.
- 35959 scores lower than the Alabama average of 72.
- 35959 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in the area, including Cherokee County Health and Rehabilitation Center, Cherokee Village, and Grace\'s House.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.4, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 2 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a a very high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 17 golf courses nearby, including Kraftsmen\'s Club, Roman Country Club, and Horseleg Plantation Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cornwall Furnace Memorial Park, Cherokee Camper Park, and Driftwood Family Campground.
- There are no churches nearby.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 0.82% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.37% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 8.25%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Alabama has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.95%.
- The area has an average household income of $46,651, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $32,226, which is in the top 87% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,582, which is in the top 61% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $27,810 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $70,003 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $5,980 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $34,320 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.61%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 35959 has a very sparse population density of 77.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 74.15%.