Senior Living in 38501 (Cookeville, TN)
- 38501 has a SeniorScore® of 68, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Cookeville, TN.
- 38501 scores lower than the Cookeville, TN average of 69.
- 38501 scores lower than the Tennessee average of 72.
- 38501 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Cookeville Regional Medical Center, Cookeville Regional Med Center, and Plateau Mental Health Center.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Morningside of Cookeville, Signature Healthcare of Putnam County, and NHC Healthcare - Cookeville.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 76.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 63 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very high property crime rate.
- The area has a an average violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Belle Acres Golf Course, Cookeville Country Club, and Ironwood Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Cummins Falls State Park, Cane Creek Park, and Dogwood Park.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Praise Cathedral Church of God-Cookeville, First Assembly of God, and Holladay Church of Christ.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.73% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.64% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 9.13%, which is very high compared to the national median.
- Tennessee has a very low average state income tax rate of 0.00%.
- The area has an average household income of $45,364, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $31,129, which is in the top 89% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,364, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,700 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $72,088 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $10,400 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,328 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.96%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 38501 has a sparse population density of 411.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.82%.