Senior Living in 38916 (Calhoun City, MS)
- 38916 scores the same as the Calhoun City, MS average of 63.
- 38916 scores lower than the Mississippi average of 68.
- 38916 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Hillcrest Hospital).
- There are 2 senior living facilities in the area (Calhoun County Health Services - Nursing Home and Bruce Community Living Center)
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 9 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 3 golf courses nearby, including Pine Hills Country Club, Houston Country Club, and Grenada Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Vardaman Sportsplex)..
- There is 1 church nearby (Taylor Church of God)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.72% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.50%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Mississippi has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $36,342, which is in the top 95% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $25,370, which is in the top 96% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,210, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $33,600 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $9,100 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,765 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.58%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 38916 has a very sparse population density of 28.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 67.71%.