Senior Living in 39047 (Brandon, MS)
- 39047 has a SeniorScore® of 69, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Brandon, MS.
- 39047 scores the same as the Brandon, MS average of 69.
- 39047 scores higher than the Mississippi average of 68.
- 39047 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 6 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookdale Brandon, Home Place, and The Nichols Center.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 75.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 5 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 16 golf courses nearby, including West Point Country Club, Bay Pointe Resort & Golf Club, and Castlewoods Golf Club -The Bear.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Barnett Reservoir: Goshen Springs Campground, Pelahatchie Shore Park, and Lakeshore Park.
- There are 9 churches nearby, including River of Life Assembly of God, Oakdale Baptist Church, and St Paul Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.22% of total income, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.56% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.50%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Mississippi has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.87%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,684, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $76,133, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,322, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $50,790 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,540 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,720 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $38,324 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.61%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This area has very poor air quality.
- 39047 has a sparse population density of 343.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.18%.