Senior Living in 44408 (Columbiana, OH)
- 44408 scores the same as the Columbiana, OH average of 87.
- 44408 scores significantly higher than the Ohio average of 76.
- 44408 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including St Elizabeth Boardman Health Center, Surgical Hospital At Southwoods, and Salem Community Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Windsor House at Parkside Health Care Center, Whispering Pines Village, and Greenbriar Healthcare Center.
- There are 13 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 181 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (37% of the total population).
- There are 77 golf courses nearby, including Copeland Hills Golf Club, Lake Front Golf Course, and Links At Firestone Farms, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Terrace Lakes Campground and Boardman Park).
- There are 90 churches nearby, including Columbiana Baptist Church, First Christian Church, and Saint Jude Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.30% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.14% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.88%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Ohio has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.51%.
- The area has an average household income of $57,364, which is in the top 52% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,330, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,821, which is in the top 53% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $41,400 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,929 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 44408 has a sparse population density of 290.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.88%.