Senior Living in 44817 (Bloomdale, OH)
- 44817 scores the same as the Bloomdale, OH average of 75.
- 44817 scores lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- 44817 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Fostoria Community Hospital).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including Briar Hill Health Campus, Independence House, and Neighborhood Properties, Inc..
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 14 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 13 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Briar Hill Country Club, Lakeland Golf Course, and Loudon Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Van Buren State Park, Red Hawk Run Golf Course, and Fire Lake Camper Park.
- There are 15 churches nearby, including Trinity United Methodist Chr, Mt Zion United Brethren Chr, and Wayne United Methodist Church.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.24% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.43% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.88%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Ohio has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.51%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,774, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $52,813, which is in the top 38% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,493, which is in the top 67% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $48,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $89,060 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,554 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.88%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 44817 has a very sparse population density of 49.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very low public transportation ridership.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.63%.