Senior Living in 45616 (Blue Creek, OH)
- 45616 scores the same as the Blue Creek, OH average of 67.
- 45616 scores significantly lower than the Ohio average of 76.
- 45616 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in the area, including Golden Livingcenter - Vanceburg, Eagle Creek Nursing Center, and Adams County Manor.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Adams County Country Club, Shawnee State Park Golf Resort, and Elks Country Club.
- There are 5 parks nearby, including Shawnee Ridge Hunting, Nature Conservancy, and Brush Creek Camp Ground.
- There are 2 churches nearby (Evans Harold E and Lute Ray B).
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.25% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.92% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.88%, which is low compared to the national median.
- Ohio has a very low average state income tax rate of 2.51%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,045, which is in the top 71% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $42,159, which is in the top 64% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,097, which is in the top 70% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $46,290 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $80,300 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $39,468 annually, which are very low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.73%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 45616 has a very sparse population density of 18.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.17%.