Senior Living in 47925 (Buffalo, IN)
- 47925 scores the same as the Buffalo, IN average of 77.
- 47925 scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- 47925 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (White County Memorial Hospital and White County Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Monticello Healthcare, Lakeview Village Senior Living, and Parkview Haven Retirement Community.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (34% of the total population).
- There are 10 golf courses nearby, including Hollow Acres Golf Center, Pine View Golf Course(Pine Island Course at Pine View Golf Course ), and Tippecanoe Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Tall Oaks Family Campground and Lost Acres RV Park).
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Amana Baptist Church, Kingdom Hall-Jehovah\'s Witness, and Haase Donald L.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.81% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Indiana has a low average state income tax rate of 3.33%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,581, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,990, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $15,245, which is in the top 91% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $44,310 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $91,250 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.69%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 47925 has a sparse population density of 433.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.12%.