Senior Living in 47941 (Dayton, IN)
- 47941 scores the same as the Dayton, IN average of 78.
- 47941 scores higher than the Indiana average of 74.
- 47941 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (St Elizabeth East and Indiana University Health Arnett Hospital).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in the area, including Vista Pointe Estates, Creasy Springs Health Campus, and Aster Place.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are no fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 77.6, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 49 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Lafayette Country Club(Lafayette Course at Lafayette Country Club ), Lafayette Municipal Golf Course, and Angel Hill Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks nearby, including Fairfield Lakes Park, Big Fish-N-Campground, and Jerry E. Clegg Botanic Gardens.
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Dayton United Methodist Church, First Christian Church, and Victory Christian Ctr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.87% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Indiana has a low average state income tax rate of 3.33%.
- The area has an average household income of $53,901, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $49,688, which is in the top 45% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,897, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $53,640 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $115,796 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,476 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.12%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 47941 has a dense population density of 1,641.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.53%.