Senior Living in 48382 (Commerce Township, MI)
- 48382 scores the same as the Commerce Township, MI average of 74.
- 48382 scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- 48382 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Huron Valley-sinai Hospital).
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including Log Cabin Home, Westlake Health Campus, and Courtyard Management.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 125 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 124 golf courses nearby, including Beacon Hill Golf Course, Union Lake Golf Club, and Edgewood Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Proud Lake State Recreation Area and Highland State Recreation Area).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including Commerce United Methodist, St Williams Catholic Church, and Shepherd of the Lakes Evang.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.42% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.75% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Michigan has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.91%.
- The area has an average household income of $107,103, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $90,405, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,127, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.40%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 48382 has an average population density of 1,336.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.25%.