Senior Living in 48419 (Carsonville, MI)
- 48419 scores the same as the Carsonville, MI average of 68.
- 48419 scores lower than the Michigan average of 71.
- 48419 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Deckerville Community Hospital and Mckenzie Memorial Hospital).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Carsonville Care Home, Carol\'s Adult Foster Care, and Autumnwood of Deckerville.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 13 golf courses nearby, including Huron Shores Golf Course, E M S Links, and Woodland Hills Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Holiday Beach Resort, Lake Huron Campground, and Lake Huron Roadside Park.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Carsonville Assembly of God, Anderson Bill Ministries, and Anderson Bill Rev.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.87% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.12% of total property value, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Michigan has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.91%.
- The area has an average household income of $50,926, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $41,165, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,361, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 16.09%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 48419 has a very sparse population density of 35.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.06%.