Senior Living in 48816 (Cohoctah, MI)
- 48816 scores the same as the Cohoctah, MI average of 73.
- 48816 scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- 48816 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Argentine Care Center, Serenity House Assisted Living, and Geer Adult Foster Care.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 83 golf courses nearby, including Willow Brook Golf Club, Hunters Ridge Golf Course, and Majestic Course at Majestic At Lake Walden, The.
- There is 1 park nearby (Walnut Hills Family Campground)..
- There are 11 churches nearby, including Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, St Augustine Catholic Church, and St John Catholic Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.26% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Michigan has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.91%.
- The area has an average household income of $33,192, which is in the top 97% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,646, which is in the top 74% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $19,334, which is in the top 74% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $105,850 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,940 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 68.42%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 48816 has a sparse population density of 261.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has an average public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.13%.