Senior Living in 49405 (Custer, MI)
- 49405 scores the same as the Custer, MI average of 73.
- 49405 scores higher than the Michigan average of 71.
- 49405 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Memorial Medical Center Of West Michigan).
- There are 7 senior living facilities in the area, including Willowbrook Care Home, Lutheran Social Services of Michigan, and Shady Grove.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 78.2, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 16 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 14 golf courses nearby, including Hemlock Golf Club, East/South Course at Lakeside Links Golf Course, and Lincoln Hills Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Pine Haven Campground, Vacation Station RV Resort, and Poncho\'s Pond RV Park.
- There is 1 church nearby (Wesleyan Church of Scottville)..
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.09% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.17% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.00%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Michigan has a medium average state income tax rate of 3.91%.
- The area has an average household income of $47,804, which is in the top 76% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $38,958, which is in the top 73% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $20,405, which is in the top 68% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $27,000 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.81%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 49405 has a very sparse population density of 22.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.08%.