Senior Living in 51014 (Cleghorn, IA)
- 51014 scores the same as the Cleghorn, IA average of 84.
- 51014 scores significantly higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- 51014 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Cherokee Regional Medical Center and Mental Health Institute).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in the area, including Heartland Care Center, The Gardens at Cherokee, and Careage Hills Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 21 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (36% of the total population).
- There are 22 golf courses nearby, including Marcus Community Golf Club, Cherokee Country Club, and Quimby Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Cherokee County Conservation, Spring Lake Park, and Silver Sioux Recreation Area.
- There are 5 churches nearby, including Grace Baptist Church, First Church of Christ, and Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Iowa has a high average state income tax rate of 4.60%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,949, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,188, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,576, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.75%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 51014 has a very sparse population density of 9.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.56%.