Senior Living in 51019 (Danbury, IA)
- 51019 scores the same as the Danbury, IA average of 73.
- 51019 scores lower than the Iowa average of 75.
- 51019 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 4 senior living facilities in the area, including Maple Heights, Willow Dale Wellness Village, and Golden Horizons, Ida Grove Assisted Living & Memory Care.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (32% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Willow Vale Golf Club, Anthon Community Golf Course, and Schleswig Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Crawford Creek County Recreation Area and Fowler Forest Preserve).
- There are 2 churches nearby (St Mary\'s Catholic Church and United Church of Christ).
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.65% of total income, which is medium compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Iowa has a high average state income tax rate of 4.60%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,548, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,578, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,920, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $38,610 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $68,985 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,427 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $51,480 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.25%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- 51019 has a very sparse population density of 8.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a short daily commute time.
- The area has a low public transportation ridership.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.63%.