Senior Living in 51436 (Breda, IA)
- 51436 scores the same as the Breda, IA average of 80.
- 51436 scores higher than the Iowa average of 75.
- 51436 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (St Anthony Regional Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in the area, including Twilight Acres nursing Home, Blackhawk Life Care Center, and Mallard View.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 79.7, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 12 golf courses nearby, including Breda Golf Club, Sac County Golf & Country Club, and Carroll Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Black Hawk State Park, Iowa Department of Natural Resources, and Cp Crescent.
- There are 3 churches nearby, including Presbyterian Church of Carroll, Church of Jesus Christ of Lds, and First Assembly of God Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 2.13% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.16% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.00%, which is medium compared to the national median.
- Iowa has a high average state income tax rate of 4.60%.
- The area has an average household income of $75,915, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,875, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,462, which is in the top 27% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $37,650 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $65,700 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,061 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.95%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is medium compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has average air quality.
- 51436 has a very sparse population density of 14.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very short daily commute time.
- The area has a high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a low public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.49%.