Senior Living in 54002 (Baldwin, WI)
- 54002 scores the same as the Baldwin, WI average of 67.
- 54002 scores lower than the Wisconsin average of 71.
- 54002 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Baldwin Area Med Ctr).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Baldwin Care Center, Baldwin Comforts of Home, and Heritage Court.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 7 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Hammond Golf Club, Pheasant Hills Golf Course, and Badlands Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Kinnickinnic Wet Prairie, Glen Hills County Park, and Crystal Cave.
- There are 21 churches nearby, including First Reformed Church, Peace Lutheran Church, and Gethsemane Lutheran Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 4.25% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.49% of total property value, which is high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 5.88%, which is very low compared to the national median.
- Wisconsin has a medium average state income tax rate of 4.35%.
- The area has an average household income of $67,820, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $62,946, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,317, which is in the top 35% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,300 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,721 per year, which are medium compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,160 per year, which are medium compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- 54002 has a very sparse population density of 83.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a very high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.79%.