Senior Living in 55705 (Aurora, MN)
- 55705 scores the same as the Aurora, MN average of 62.
- 55705 scores significantly lower than the Minnesota average of 70.
- 55705 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Northern Pines Medical Center).
- There is 1 senior living facility in the area (Essentia Health-Northern Pines Clinic (Aurora)).
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 4 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (38% of the total population).
- There are 8 golf courses nearby, including Hoyt Lakes Municipal Golf Course, Eshquaguma Country Club, and Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort (The Legend Course at Giants Ridge Golf & Ski Resort).
- There are 2 parks nearby (Embarrass Lake (1) Wayside Park and Cadotte Lake Campground).
- There are 8 churches nearby, including Palo Congregational Church, St Mark\'s Lutheran Church, and Jehovah\'s Witnesses.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of total income, which is low compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.78% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 7.38%, which is high compared to the national median.
- Minnesota has a high average state income tax rate of 4.79%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,706, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $48,166, which is in the top 48% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,792, which is in the top 33% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $45,690 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,042 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,957 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.03%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- 55705 has a very sparse population density of 28.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The area has a high public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.80%.